Enjoy this healthy twist on a breakfast favourite. For a less intense colour, peel zucchini before incorporating into batter.
|Total Time||25 Minutes|
|Container||2.0-litre Low-Profile Container|
- 80 ml almond milk, or whole milk
- 250 g medium zucchini, peeled, halved
- 2 large eggs, or 2 Tablespoons flax egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 60 g date syrup, or honey
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 180 g whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Place all ingredients except for flour and baking powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 4. Blend for 5 seconds until ingredients are combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the Vitamix container with the wet ingredients, and secure the lid. Pulse 10-12 times on Variable 5 until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter onto a preheated and lightly greased skillet or griddle and cook until bubbles appear in centre of pancakes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
To make a flax "egg", simply combine your flax meal with water in a small container and stir to combine, allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.