These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favourite fresh fruit syrup.
|Makes||5 Waffles (840ml)|
|Total Time||15 Minutes|
|Container||Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container|
- 240 g wholemeal flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 480 ml soy milk, or milk alternative
- 1 large egg
- 25 g (4 ) dates, pitted, or 2 Tablespoon honey
- 110 g soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, egg, dates, and tofu into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to variable 7. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Let batter sit 5 to 10 minutes before baking in waffle maker to yield best texture and flavour.